Maroochy Paws Club – Terms & ConditionsMaroochy Vet Pty Ltd trading as “Maroochydore Veterinary Surgery”, herein referred to as “Us”, “We” or “MVS”, owns and operates the Maroochy Paws Club membership (“Club Membership”) program for owners of dogs and cats. Club Membership benefits can only be redeemed only at Maroochydore Veterinary Surgery, 29 Maud Street, Maroochydore QLD 4558. Stripe Inc. (“Stripe”) collects payments on behalf of Us.
- Club Membership provides pet owners with a cost-effective annual preventative care program for their dogs and cats. Designed to promote best practice proactive health-care habits among pet owners, Club membership will help to maximise a pet’s quality of life and longevity.
- Club Membership is not pet health insurance, and therefore does not include treatment for unpredictable or abnormal conditions, such as accidental injuries, illness and elective procedures. Treatment discounts may apply, however, for some of the above procedures.
- Each Club Membership is for one pet only. Benefits and services are not transferable between different pets. Benefits can only be used for the pet in whose name the membership is registered and each pet must be identifiable through a registered microchip.
- The “Club Member” is the registered owner of the nominated dog or cat as per the Club Membership application form. The Club Member is responsible for making sure membership payments are made in a timely manner.
- The “Start Date” is the date the Club Member makes their first payment for Club Membership.
- Under certain circumstances, for example, if you sell or give your dog or cat away, your Club Membership for that dog or cat may be transferrable to another person.
What is included?
- Club Services:
- Veterinary services (“Club Services”) provided under the Club Membership are only redeemable at Maroochydore Veterinary Surgery. Food and parasite prevention benefits are only available in clinic unless otherwise specified.
- Membership benefits are only applicable whist the membership is active.
- There are no membership discounts for subsequent animals owned by the same Club Member.
- Unlimited Consultations:
- A Consultation means a normal Consultation, of no more than 20 minutes duration, which is to be performed by either a registered veterinary surgeon or veterinary nurse.
- “Unlimited Consultations” are available only by appointment with a veterinary surgeon or veterinary nurse during normal practice hours from Monday to Saturday. House-call surcharges, specialist consultations and specialist procedures are excluded.
- Consultations greater than 20 minutes in duration, such as behaviour and dermatological Consultations, will be subject to a fee equivalent to the normal extended consultation fee, minus the Consultation fee normally charged for a standard 20-minute Consultation.
- Procedures, treatments and medications or additional services required as a result of a Consultation are not included in the Club Services.
- Under the Maroochy Paws Club Puppy and Kitten memberships, puppies and kittens are entitled to up to three recommended core vaccines. These include C5 vaccinations for puppies and F3 vaccinations for kittens.
- Annual vaccination includes the C5 vaccination for adult dogs, and the F3 vaccination for adult cats. Triennial vaccinations may be administered at the discretion of the veterinarian.
- It is a condition of membership that all animals are microchipped. Microchipping is included in all membership types and is compulsory at or before the time of receiving any benefits of membership in animals that have not yet been microchipped.
- Pathology & Tests:
- The annual blood test includes an un-interpreted profile sent to an external laboratory covering complete blood count, biochemistry, electrolytes and thyroid level in adult cats and dogs, and a pre-anaesthetic profile performed in-house in puppies and kittens.
- All members are entitled to one annual blood test per 12-month membership period.The annual urine test includes a urine specific gravity and dipstick performed in-house. All members are entitled to one annual urine test per 12-month membership period.
- The faecal analysis includes a faecal float performed in-house. All members are entitled to one faecal analysis per 12-month membership period. All members are entitled to one in-house heartworm test per 12-month membership period.
- Dental Rebates:
- A $250 rebate is available for adult dog and cat members per 12-month membership period towards a dental scale and polish. This amount is not transferable and cannot be used towards any other costs or procedures.
- The $250 dental rebate does not accumulate annually, and if it is not used in the 12-month membership period the amount resets at the start of the next 12-month membership period.
- Desexing Rebates:
- A $150 rebate is available for puppy and kitten members to be used towards desexing only. This $150 rebate must be used within the first 12 months of their puppy or kitten membership. This benefit amount does not renew.
- Parasite Control:
- Club Members are entitled to receive parasite control products to protect against fleas, ticks, heartworm and intestinal worms for dogs, and fleas, heartworm and intestinal worms for cats.
- These products must be picked up from Maroochydore Veterinary Surgery.
- The parasite control protocol is based on the best available products as determined by the veterinary team at Maroochydore Veterinary Surgery.
- The selected parasite control products included in the Club Membership may be subject to change.
- Other Services:
- All anal gland expression and nail clips are performed by a registered nurse and exclude the cost of sedation.
- A registered nurse performs all tablet and medication administration.
Eligibility – Who can join?
- Club Memberships are at the discretion of Us and may only be offered to approved or established Clients, over the age of 18 years, and their applicable dogs and cats that have been coming to Maroochydore Veterinary Surgery for more than 6 months, or for puppies and kittens over the age of 8 weeks.
- New Club Members that own a dog or cat, who have been clients of Maroochydore Veterinary Surgery for less than 6 months, may be subject to a 6-month waiting period before claiming on dental and annual blood testing benefits.
- Dogs and cats older than 6 months of age are only eligible to join the adult dog or cat program.
- Dogs and cats over the age of 8 weeks and younger than 6 months of age are only eligible to join the Puppy and Kitten program. On renewal of this membership these members will be automatically transferred to the adult dog or cat program.
- Membership is for a minimum of 12 months duration.
- By joining our Club Membership you agree to pay the initial one-off payment as detailed in the Club Membership form, followed by equal payments from your nominated bank account or credit card on the 1st or 15th of the month.
Renewal of Membership
- Membership will be renewed at the discretion of Maroochy Vet Pty Ltd. Renewal of membership is subject to our Fair Use Policy, which aims to make sure that all eligible members have access to the various benefits that they are entitled to.
- Renewal of Membership:
- Club Membership will automatically renew at the end of the 12-month period unless the Club Member cancels the Club Membership in writing within 30 days of the renewal date.
- The cost for Club Membership is fixed for 12 months. Should the cost increase you will be notified in writing prior to renewal of your next 12 month membership period.
Fair Use PolicyWe devised the following Fair Use Policy which applies but is not limited to:
- The reasonable use of Unlimited Consultations, including revisits, by a veterinarian or nurse;
- The reasonable use of discounted parasite prevention products and pet food;
- The reasonable use of discounted veterinary products and services;
- The reasonable use of any other benefits occasionally offered as part of Club Membership; and
- The reasonable treatment of all Club Members and staff at “Aussie Paws Vet Clinics”.
- We reserve the right to alter the terms of the Fair Use Policy.
- Where a Club Member’s usage of benefits is considered unreasonable or in breach of the Fair Use Policy, We may contact the Club Member to discuss adjusting their usage in order to conform to the Fair Use Policy.
- If a Club Member continues with unreasonable use of benefits after We have contacted them, We reserve the right to terminate their Club Membership without further notice. The Club Member is then obliged to repay the remaining instalments of the Club Membership for that membership year in addition to an administration fee that may include all merchant or bank fees that We would not otherwise be able to recover. The Club Member’s nominated bank account will be charged accordingly.
Cancellation of Membership
- Club Membership benefits are provided under an annual agreement and provide Club Members with significant discounts. Take note, that you have legally entered into a 12 Month Contract. Club Membership may be cancelled at any time however conditions will apply.
- There is a 30-day cooling off period for new Club Members, which entitles cancellation of the Club Membership within 30 days of the initial Start Date without further charges.
- Termination of Club Membership after the 30 day cooling off period will result in the remaining instalments of the Club Membership for that membership year to be paid in full.
- Example : Your pet received $300 worth of treatments (vaccinations, heartworm injection, tick prevention treatments etc), but you have only been a member for 3 months (with monthly payments of $50 per month = $150 paid). If you cancel, your membership, you have 2 choices. 1) You pay the balance $300-$150 = $150. OR 2) You continue paying your remaining 9 monthly fees (total of 12 months) and still receive the benefits. This also applies if your pet is rehomed. You are liable for that contract, but we may consider transferring the membership to the new pet owner, if agreed by all parties.
- Should a dog or cat that is owned by a Club Member die, a death certificate must be provided to, or by, Maroochydore Veterinary Surgery to confirm the dog or cat’s death and release the Club Member from outstanding Club Membership payments from the date of notification to us of the dog or cat’s death.
- Maroocy Vet Pty Ltd and its associates (each a “Recipient” and referred to as “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Privacy section) are subject to the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act (Cth) 1988.
- In connection with each Recipient, personal information is collected in various ways, including via telephone, our website, hard copy forms or e-mail. Whenever you deal with Us, We will collect this information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
- Personal information is collected that is reasonably necessary in order for Us to provide and offer you our products and services, or otherwise as permitted by law. Such purposes include responding to your enquiries, providing you with assistance you request of Us, managing payment for the services, maintaining and administering our products and services including the Maroochy Paws Club. This may include for example, processing orders, processing payments, processing survey or questionnaire responses, market research and the collection of general statistical information using common internet technologies such as cookies, providing you with marketing information regarding other products and services (of ours or a third party), quality assurance and training purposes, performing administrative operations (including accounting and risk management) and any other purpose identified at the time of collecting your information.
- If you do not consent to Us collecting and using, or disclose all or some of the personal information We request, We may not be able to provide you with Club Membership. It may also prevent Us from maintaining or administering your Club Membership or the provision of information regarding our products or services or those of any third party.
- We may collect your personal information so that We can develop or offer you products and services which We believe may be of interest to you.
- Where appropriate, We will disclose your information to our related entities and third parties who provide services to Us or on Our behalf, including Our distributors or referrers, mailing houses and marketing companies, insurance companies, credit providers, external IT service providers, other insurance providers and advisers. In the case of disputes (or likely disputes) it may be disclosed to persons involved in the dispute.
- Your personal information may also be disclosed to dispute resolution providers, government bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies and any other parties where required by law.
- By proceeding to acquire Our services and products you agree that you cannot seek redress under the Act or against Us (to the extent permitted by law) and may not be able to seek redress overseas.